Born and raised in Southern California, Cecilia Blackwell started singing at age four. At age nine, she wrote her first song. Her father was a DJ whose tune selections helped her fall in love with music. Listening to groups she loved like The Emotions and The Jones Girls, helped train her ear and started her love affair with vocal harmonies. She would practice singing all of a song's harmonies, developing a four octave range. Celly's smooth and intricate vocal layerings have become part of her trademark.
Her father, hailing from the South Bronx and Harlem, sent Celly to NYC for her childhood summers. Because of this, Celly is a self proclaimed "Eastcoast ValleyGirl." She uses influences her West and East upbringing in her music.
- Honed her craft writing and singing jingles for radio
- Learned song arranging by working on hundreds of songs for a private recording studio
- Worked with Hip Hop legend Large Professor
- Released "Homage", a mixtape of classic rap hits turned R&B songs, honoring rap legends and pioneers
- The Songwriting Academy Alumnus
Celly is currently producing, writing and releasing music. She's working on sync placements for television, commercials and film. Her new single "Pop!" is being released August 1st, 2023.